March 01, 2010

PLEASE PRAY!!!!

Friday evening I got a very shaky phone call from my dad.

"Honey, we've been in an accident. Momma's hurt pretty bad but Im ok.. We are going to be airlifed to a hospital because they fear she is hemorrhaging in her right leg."

Shock, fear, knowledgement, confusion, worry... but most of all... praise for they were alive. A young lady driving an SUV unattentively turned across 70 mile an hour traffic to access a country road. The first truck steered for the barditch to avoid contact while my dad had no where to go. They impatched them on the passenger side front and my parents on the whole front of the truck. Due to airbags in the suv, both the driver and passenger walked away. My dad wrapped the steering wheel around the steering column but sustained no injury. My mom on the other hands could not move. She was not penned in the vehicle, her lower body would not move. My parents were in a 90s truck with no airbags. If it were not for the seatbelts, I could have lost them both.

Damage results after many tests: broken right hip and socket (top of femur). First surgery was on her hip and lasted for 6 hours. The surgeon was not pleased with the result but did his best. Second surgery(in as I type this) will be to repair the socket and upper femur.

Many family members and friends have come by to see my mom as well as a huge out pour of prayers and aides offered. How some people make it through something like this with out the Lord or all our family/friends, is beyond me. Her attitude even coming our from under the knife was very positive and remains to holds its ground. Saturda night was a hard one from pain to fever to fitful sleep. Sunday when I left them, she was in no pain. During the day she had moved herself into a chair (once approved by staff nurse) and had later walked around her bed with the assistance of the PT and a walker. That one specific event has changed the gloominess to the possible for my dad and many others. Drs say this will be a long process and that she may still require a total hip replacement (not encourage due to her young age of 40 something) and even more surgeries.

My sister (with the help of aunts) has been there and still there through it all. She is a stay at home mom which allows her to stay as long as needed with my mom but she has a 2 month old boy who is breastfeeding with her. Hospitals and children issues are not absent from this matter. I know that it has to be hard for her as well as my nephew. He has been absolutely an amazing child through this all. Praise the Lord for close family who has been watching our babies while we went and attended to my parents.

Please lift this whole family, friends, patient, and situation. Thank you for your time and hope you will see the Lord in this all. He reigned forever!!!


****DO YOU KNOW JESUS BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU. God knows every hair on your head (Luke 12:6-8 NIV:Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows), and he gave his only son for you John 3:16 KJV-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
****

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Your parents and family are in my prayers. I am glad to hear that even though they were hurt that it was not as bad as it could have been.