June 13, 2007

STREAMING!!!!

It was one of those days yesterday and let me tell you it brought me to tears. I am going to be out for a bit from work so I am in the process of getting all my reports and odds and ends done for that time I will be gone. I am swamped with it plus a bit stressed. I know that stressing about it will not get it done nor make it less stressful. I guess I like the drama of the whole thing, or I would not stress all the time. Well with that said here is a general recount of the final straw to draw out my tears.
I got a call just as all this mess was stretching me like taffy, my hubby calls and says, "Hi how are you?!" I said stressed but ok..."Well, we just had a close encounter. I was working in the yard when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I knew it was not the kids because they were playing in the side yard and not where I was. I went over to the kids sandbox because I saw it go over there. As I lifted the lid I saw something inside and jumped back. It was a rattle snake. We are all ok but thought you would like to know." My reply," YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT?! IT WAS WITH IN 10 FT OF OUR BACK PORCH AND I COULD HAVE WALKED RIGHT BY IT THIS MORNING!" With this I was crying by now and now my hubby was apologizing for making me cry. He did not want to tell me but felt I needed to know. When I got home, they had it stretched out on the tailgate of the truck to show the kids that if they ever see one to run away. I can tell you that it had 9 rattles and a button, female, and about 4 ft long. I am still upset about it. I mean that could have been my babies it could have bitten. He said that it did not have time to coil up before he got to it. If it would have been me, I would have had that thing in pieces all over my yard or pelted to bits to were no one would be able to make out what it was. IN LAMANS TERMS.... I don't like snakes nor do I have any room in my heart for them. The are creapy, evil, and I just don't like them. I am not afraid of them, they just gross me out.
Thank goodness my day so far today have been a bit less stressful but it is building already so with that note please pray for those of us who live in the sticks so that we can avoid those deadly slitthering things and that we have an eye like an eagle to spot them out to avoid harm....and that I get all this stuff done !!!!
****DO YOU KNOW JESUS BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU. God knows every hair on your head (Luke 12:6-8 NIV:Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows), and he gave his only son for you John 3:16 KJV-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
****

3 comments:

Sunni Len said...

I am so sorry about the bad snake I know that must be super scary I am scared and I am not even there. So please tell me where are you going and how long will you be gone?

Sunni Len said...

they would not make an agent a permenant replacement no worries

Suzanne said...

YUCK!!! scary! i'm glad everyone was okay...especially your little ones.