April 30, 2007

COMING UP FOR AIR...

Have you ever had a month or two were you felt like you were not making much head way. Anologues of plenty come to mind that the moment like tryin to keep up with the Jones, Swimming in circles, drowning in a sea of paperwork... well, that is about where I am. I am so glad that my job is such a challenge! Since the turn over of the new year... it is a uphill battle and full of hooks... In Laman's terms: The more headway I make, the more STUFF jumps on board... I don't think that I have had many down moments and for some reason I just keep adding my own things to the pile. I love to help out when ever I can and do as much as I can to make the world and especially my job world a brighter and less stressful environment. Well, as usual I have done double duty and I am currently working on coming up for air. My usually volunteer event is here and I have decided that I would like to get serious about my physical condition: a new diet/life plan for myself and others around me.You guessed it: here comes a weeks worth of my regular duties.. I don't micro manage well at all (meaning that I could pass some things off to others to help me out with the BUSY jobs) but I just simple don't feel others should be going my reg stuff just becasue I decide to take on more things on top of of my ongrowing list. I know that I will get is done but it will take a littler longer than usual. WINE WINE... The best part is most of this volunteering stuff is that is is only for a short while and will be gone before I realize it. I do many simple things-reports, filing, etc (BUSY WORK) every day but it always brings new and different challenges. They keep me hooping and I am so very very thankful for it. Like most, if has its down times but either way I feel respected as a co-worker and as a person. It don't get much better than that folks!!! (In our sunday school class we have been in the Books of 1 and 2 Peter studying about suffering, and it is so nice to know that we are not alone in those frustrating times and have a reward in heaven awaiting us. It has changed my views on life as to how simple and sheltered my life can be even when the storms are raging outside. As long as one have the LORD as their focus and guide, he will be there and make it easier to handle. As John Randalls said, you must guard not just your sould but your mind... only you can let Satan--SHOW HIM THAT GOD IS YOUR BOSS AND THERE IS NO ROOM FOR HIM IN YOUR MIND AND SOUL)

I don't know about you all but I do know that I don't like this time of the year meaning TIMECHANGE!!! I am one of those folks that love love love to be outside with my family playing. I like to be outside when it is so pretty and inviting out there... Then by the time the sun is in bed, the dinner hour has landed in my lap. Of course the decision of what to make always take awhile and some balancing, and by that time, bedtime is knocking on the door. Yes I know...plan your meals... but that takes thinking and when I get home from work, I just want to be lazy and play with my babies--I think enough at work...heheehehe. I really am goig to try and do that in the future though ;). We get an early start every morning... even on weekends... my babies are morning rises not mid-morning... If only I could operate on less sleep and be a morning person. I come to life when it is time to sleep (cleaning mood, reading, etc)..I guess if I lived on the west coast maybe it would work (couple of hours of sleep more). WINE WINE... I know I know....I just don't like time slipping away from me when I am already swimming at medium to full speed...

Here comes summer... The thing that most folks that live in Texas know is that springs usually get skipped in our part of the world and we jump right into summer.
I can't hardly wait... I love the smell of the dry summer breeze, the sound of water and laughter, the campouts, vacations, and the laided back nights watching the lightn bugs. You just can't beat the summer night sky in Texas. I love being in a field in the mid of the night looking up at the sky. It reminds me that there is a whole universe out there bigger than lit ol me... WHAT A PEACE AND SURREAL REMINDER OF THAT GOD CREATED IT ALL TO SUCH DETAIL TO INCLUDE LITTLE OL ME! I don't know how truthful this may be but I had always heard that there was a president that would take his whole cabinet, who were all in a tissy about something, out back and just look up at the sky, until they all got quiet. Then after many minuteS, he would say some thing like "Now that we have things back in reality"... meaning "are not as BIG as we thought", lets get back to work. I find that quiet awakening to my soul when I get on my soap box or get the POOR MEs. HOLD IT SHORT STUFF AND REMEMBER YOU AREN'T ALL THAT...

ON THAT NOTE---
I hope that where ever you are today in your life that the Lord will hold you in his hand and show you the way to heaven. UNTIL MY NEXT MADNESS!!!HEHEHEHEHE ;)


****DO YOU KNOW JESUS BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU. God knows every hair on your head (Luke 12:6-8 NIV:Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows), and he gave his only son for you John 3:16 KJV-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
****

1 comment:

TEXOSE said...

Life has slowed some and now starting to iron out... THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS THAT ALL OFFER MY WAY... I could not go it with out them or GOD to guide me...