May 08, 2006

RELAY FOR LIFE



I volunteered to do RELAY FOR LIFE this weekend and it was so amazing. It was truly a humbling experience and I feel so blessed to have been able to be apart of it. I saw many people that I had not seen in a long time and the emotion of the whole thing was engergizing and encouraging. I stayed until 10:30 or so while others stayed until the end at 6am. The event started at 6pm and ended at 6 am. During that time team members walked in shifts. I took the first shift for an hour with my mom when it was still rather warm, but so worth it. While my son slept in the stroller and my daughter ran about playing, I walked. There were many other funderaisers going on as well durring the walk. From Raffles to Cake Walks to Live entertainment and food. DEFINITELY WORTH THE EFFECT....

IF YOU EVER GET THE CHANCE TO DO THIS, YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS IT...



I learned first hand who had been affected by Cancer in our community. To see all of those come together for one unified purpose was "one not to miss"--Like most communities there are the ins and outs. I am sure that everyone has had someone in there life that has been effected by Cancer and knows that emotions of a disease that can strike at anytime and anyone.

May I always remember to be thankful for my blessings in my life and the inspirations that have effected it...

No comments: