June 30, 2008

SO LONG GONE.....

Once again I find myself in total awe of how FAST the year has flown by.
Wasn't Christmas just yesterday?! WOW

It has been quit a long time since I have been on here to update so this might be rather long winded...

We are now half way thru the summer months and I can't even quit recall what we did for the first half. Every weekend we had something going on for us. We attended two family reunions, and made some trips to the big city for various events. My eldest was in a play put on by a out of states drama team which was so cute. While my whole family is at home this summer, I am working. My Hubby is actually work as a stay at home dad with my youngest in the trying 2s while my eldest has been able to go to some educational programs at our local library with friends to fill her month of June.Of course I wish I had it off like them, but I don't envy teachers in the least for what they have to go thru with all those students and the new requirements every year added to their already taxing job.

The Steece Quadsare doing great and just growing so fast. I had the chance to love on them in May. What sweet bunches of God's love?! They were and are some of the best looking babies on the block if you ask me. You can check them out by clicking on the link above.

We had VBS this past month at our Church. I had the opportunity to be a wild and zanny Science Professor for a daily skit as well as keeping my little brainy-acks in line when I was not acting. Let me tell you, it has taken me about a week to recover. We had about 120 total kids ranging from 4yrs to 6th grade (this did not including the babies in the nursery). Forty Four of them were all mine and were of the young ages of 4 and 5year olds. Somehow I ended up being the only adult leader of my group. Thank GOD literally for the two youth that volunteered their sanity to help me out. My group was great but the energy it took to corral and participate in the music and crafts was very tiring. I can't hardly wait for next years VBS. I really enjoy getting to act like a kid and sharing my love for the Lord with all those children. We had slimmed glowing walls, atoms, test tubes filled with yuck goo, and so much more. I think the kids really enjoyed it this year too. As always, I loved the music. The last two years I have been able to help out and be apart of the full program. I have both CDs of the music which I sing and act out often with my eldest. What can I say, it is like being at church camp for me....!

If you have never volunteered for VBS, you are missing out.. Go do it and get ready to learn from those kids. They are so amazing.

This past weekend, our sunday school class decided to have a summer outing at our local lake. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! Friday we had a great turn out from about 4pm to dark. We swam, talked, splashed, enjoyed a meal together, and even kayaked some. We didn't get to bed until about midnight or so. By the end of the night, my family was the only ones that camped out that night. Our babies were out before my spouse and I got to sleep. Saturday was a bit slower but fun none the less. We had a couple rent a boat and tube so we spend most of the day playing in the lake. I can tell you that the sun was out in full force both days and if you could see me...yah.. you got it... IM RED...YUCK.... OH WELL.... I would not have passed it up for nothing but next time, I will take more caution....

Our Choir had our red, white and blue presentation yesterday evening to kick off the week. It was a very small turnout this year but it still was very touching and enjoyable. To celebrate this day, our church will have be hosting a huge family shin-dig. If like last years, it will be so much fun that we'll be draggin by the end of the day. We will have relayes of all kinds for all ages, and LOTS of fun things to do all day. From Egg races to Water Balloon Volleyball to a Jalapeno eating contest it is sure to be a full day.

Well, that is a quick but full run down of life on the last few months. SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS MONTH AND FOR THE LAST OF YOUR SUMMER????!!! Feel free to share your memories with us as we have shared ours. Before you know it, school will be starting again and Christmas will be here again. I pray that you know our Lord and that you know that he loves you and longs for you be in heaven with him someday. Hang in there and don't let this world pull your wings down... Spread those wings and soar with our Savior.



****DO YOU KNOW JESUS BECAUSE HE KNOWS YOU. God knows every hair on your head (Luke 12:6-8 NIV:Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies[a]? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows), and he gave his only son for you John 3:16 KJV-For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.)
****

No comments: