July 13, 2007

Summer is coming to a close around us...

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

I can't hardly believe that we are almost half way thru July already. Meaning that the Summer vacation is winding to a close. This summer our family has gone on a mini vacation, been part of many church events for the children, and we are working on planning another mini vacation in a different area before our time is occupied with the school season in August.

The rest of this month is currently vying for attention. Every weekend is starting to book up and looking to be a busy closure to the 2007 Summer. Reunions, Anniversary/ Birthday Parties, family events with our church family, and suring up things like dinners, and social events are all falling into to place like little ducks in a row. Here in Texas and the states just north have been attacked by numerous soakings of water from the sky but in our area it has been to a minimum. With that said the Summer heat has arrived and it has brought humidity with it from the Gulf...we are praying for more rain anytime though...
So for this summer here is a day in the life of one of our project we wanted to get done this summer....
This past Saturday I wake to a smiling face ready to take on the day. This smiling face being my Hubby. His a morning person and I am not. He teases me within minutes of when I wake up... Isn't there a law somewhere they says that teasing can't be done before a certain time of the day!!! Not that I secretly don't love the attention at all...hehehehehe.
This day we were pouring concrete into frames of rectangles, just outside our back door. My babies were still asleep when he flied out door ready to take on the day. About an hour later, here came the calvry with the concrete truck in parade. It took us about two to two and half hours to pour, level, smooth, adjust, and smooth again both pads and some extra leftovers into your drive away. We sweated, we cried, be bleed (blisters), and we ached by the end of the event. WE consisted of my dad, my hubby, mom, my sis, a little bit of me, and a little bit of the concrete deliverer. I never thought that pouring concrete could be SO exhausting but buddy... call in the professionals even if it is for a sidewalk. If you have to call in a concrete truck, call the professionals. We almost ran out of time and it ran everyone into the ground. Even with all that we had helping us we could have used about 2 more poeple to help out. Then add in my babies wanting to help out, and the humidity and you have got one heat, sweatly, and slippery pouring... Concrete dries very fast and even faster when it is humid. By the way, Concrete work is very dirty and messy. It almost makes one what to belly flop into the gray blob and then you think, could I get out. Concrete can begin to burn your skin if you leave it to long on your skin. It can remove your skin like a exfoliant but is not that easy to get off. Wet boots are great for this kind of work just besure and wash them off every break you get so that you don't get a blocked foot...hehehehehe
SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED OUT AND OFFERED THEIR TIME AND ENERGY TO OUR CAUSE!!!! My eldest has become an artist overnight with my interchild breaking through with chalk as well..
* She loves to child us about picking on each other. It is very funny. I could be teasing my hubby and poking him in the side and she will tell me" Mommy, don't do that it is mean!" Then when he tried to get me back, she does it to him too.
* She lives on our trampoline. If you do a special trick on the thing that involves her, you can be guaranteed that she will want to do it everytime you are around if possible. Horse ride, or "crack the egg", she loves them all.
* She is amazing to watch and listen to these days. She can sing the tone to a song (usually one from church or VBS) and ask me to sing it with her while we are driving. I kid you not that she is very good....she has an ear for music. She is always singing her songs from VBS. It brings so much delight to my heart that she is so happy
My youngest really likes the concrete pads too.... Not mention, he want to do everything sister is doing...chalk and all.
.* He is currently into climbing on anything that would make him seem taller even meaning standing on a rock on the ground or monkeying his way up a ladder or something else that could hurt him if He fell. It is right down funny and scarry of course at times. He just laughs when he gets there, gets off, and then back again.
* He loves to play with a waterhose until he get himself wet from the head down to which he freaks out and drops the hose and salters away from it. Oh but this does not last... He goes back for it with in minutes... to do all over again
* Anytime we tell him that we are going outside he runs up to the Tv and presses the Power button, runs to the back door, and tells us he is ready to go. If we do not follow or he hears the TV again, back he comes and does it again and again.

They are growing like weeds and getting to be more and more the apple of my eye. Thanks be to God for allowing me the opportunity to guide and love these beautiful and pure souls to him.....Well, that is pretty much it for now. I hope that your 4th and your summer has been as prosperous as possible and blessed with many physical and spiritual riches...

1 comment:

Sunni Len said...

Thanks for the thanks, but although I was tired and my feet wieghed a ton. I really had a blast.