June 20, 2006

Hair, Family, and Stuff

Ok.... I have gone and done it and I think that I like it or at let for now. My hair was getting to the point when it was just too long and I would pull it up in a ponytail or put in a butterfly. What is the point of having pretty long hair if all I do or have time to do is pull it up and that is it? So I have taken the cut approach. Picture this: Me with hair a little longer than my shoulders to..... basically a modernized Audrey Hepburn look. Talk about change. So far I have been told that it looks great except from my better half. It is growing on him he said. QUESTION:
What is it with guys? Do they all love long hair and want all ladies to sport it?! It never has made much sense to me. I guess it gives them something to PLAY with or something. I don't get it. From my dad and my other half. Don't get me wrong, I like long hair and even had it almost down to my waist at one time. It is hot and sometime a totally pain to work with... If they like it long, they should try it and see how long they would last.
I have asked a few close friends of mine if they thought I looked good with short or long hair. Most have said that it was both. Some have said short and some as it was. WELL, here I am today with my audrey do and yes it takes a little bit to get it to COOPERATE in the morning but now I know what it feels like to be able to let your hair blow in the wind and still be able to brush it afterwards with not knots. PLUS if I don't like it, hair grows. I guess it is ok, as long as I am allowed to sleep in my bed and not the couch, hehehehehe.
This weekend is our annual family reunion. The reunion we have is a totally camp out event and getting to see those that we don't see through the year, literally. Most we don't even see thru the major holidays like Christmas and stuff. My hubby and I love to camp out and be in nature. I am positive my little ones will too. Except for those that like their A/C and home away from home, most everyone are in tents. Lots of food, laughs, and very little water this year but I guess we will find a waterhole somewhere, :)
This week my little girl is away at VBS with her mema and papa. I sure do miss her but I will see her soon. It is amazing how our lives seem to change. I have another at home but I still miss my girl. She will come home with her daddy at the end of the week and we will head out for the reunion.
I just wanted everyone to have an update on life and to also let you all know that I am blessed in many ways. From the loving family of God I have to the shoes and roof over my head. THANKS!!!! I will blog next week at the reunion to explain the whole shindig(?). Til' Nextweek.....CHERRIO!

No comments: